<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6500342\x26blogName\x3dRandom+thoughts\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://cathycus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4195055694512554740', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random thoughts

Monday, July 24, 2006


Contrary to what I thought this weekend was going to be for me, I actually accomplished a lot of things, and was able to take some time to relax with friends. On Saturday, I helped my uncle pack up his stuff as he had sold the condo. Since he hasn't found a place yet, and he wants to wait until the market goes down, we decided that he'd move in with me first.

We had planned to pack until way into the night but there was a widespread blackout and when dark set in, we couldn't properly see any of the things we wanted to sort, even by candlelight. So we decided to call it a night and resume in the morning.

I was feeling a little obese, so I went to Marc's and did an hour of yoga just to get some toxins out. Marc's place is pretty warm so it felt like I was doing hot yoga. Boy, was that a workout! I wanted to keep going after the first video, but it was late, and I wanted to get up early the next morning.

Sunday morning, I woke up a little later than what I had originally planned. After a sluggish five minutes of stumbling around, trying to get myself started, I finally went for my scheduled run on the beach, with my smashing new Asics. :) In the middle of my run, I stopped at the outdoor gym and did a few pullups and pushups. After freshening up after my run, I swung by the farmer's market on Main Street to grab an OJ and a crepe. Then it was off to Brentwood for more packing.

In a couple of hours, we had finished a lot of sorting and packing, and there wasn't much else we could do. I had allotted the whole morning and early afternoon for this, but by 1pm, there were boxes all over, and my uncle needed to sort through more things before we could continue. I started to drive home, thinking that I should have just brought my climbing bag with me so that I could set, something I had wanted to do originally before my uncle had called me to ask for help. Regardless, I decided to take a chance and see what I could accomplish.

In my jeans and beaded sandals, I was able to borrow a harness and a grigri, and put up a route, with the extra time that I had. I saw John at the gym and he came up to me and said, "Don't you have to be somewhere?" I winked at him and said, "Not until 4!"

At a little past four, after a mad rush to get home, unload some boxes and get showered and changed, I met up with John and Vicky in the marina for a sailing lesson and a cruise around the bay. It was so relaxing, a much-needed break after a very busy day. Then it was time to drive to the airport and pick up Marc, back from a wedding in Iowa. Definitely a great ending to a productive weekend.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home