<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6500342\x26blogName\x3dRandom+thoughts\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://cathycus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4195055694512554740', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random thoughts

Monday, July 17, 2006

Waiting and waiting

I tried to hold off on posting here until I was able to download the pictures that would go with the posts, but seeing as I'm still without pictures and it's been a couple of weeks since the last entry, I suppose I should just do without. Score 1 for procrastination!

It's been a busy time for me. I moved to a new place. And I'm still in the process of settling down. It's slow, but I see it coming together bit by bit, so I'm hoping that soon I'll have a home nice enough to invite people over to. For right now, I'm just revelling in the fact that it's so close to the beach, so I can simply put on my running shoes and go for a run on the boardwalk (which I've only done twice - doh!).

Fourth of July was great. At the last minute, Marc and I got an invite to join John on his sailboat. The fireworks were being launched right off of some barges docked in the marina, so we had prime seating for the show. We set sail at around 4ish and got back around ten. It was hell getting out of the parking lot and getting home; I think I was only able to crash out at 11:30pm.

This past weekend, my friend Tintin (who's here for a visit from Manila) stayed with me so that we could catch up and hang out. She slept over Friday night, and on Saturday morning we walked down to the board walk for a quick workout. As I was running back and forth on the path, I saw John on his rollerblades. We stopped to chat and as it turns out, he wanted to go sailing again! I so badly wanted to go but I wasn't sure if Tintin would be up for it. I was so relieved when she got excited as soon as she heard the news. All our plans for the day were dropped in an instant.

As we were walking back, I saw my friend Vicki this time on her bike. She screeched to a halt when I called out to her, and after a short chat, I found out that her plans to climb that day had fallen through. So I invited her on the sailing trip as well. That completed the group.

Despite getting sick on this trip (first time ever that I've gotten sea sick - go figure), it was great fun to just kick back and share a few laughs with friends. We had dinner at a small Italian eatery (minus Vicki, too bad) then called it a night.

On Sunday, while going around the promenade, Marc and I decided to duck into the fancy art bookstore along Wilshire. We browsed around for awhile and then on the way out, Marc whispered out of the corner of his mouth, "Did you see Chris Rock?"

I whipped my head around, thinking at first that it was a book with Chris Rock on the cover, and as my eyes tried to focus, I suddenly found myself looking at the real one! Star sighting #i don't know anymore!

I'm beat, but it was a great weekend. And there's more to come since Tintin hasn't gone home yet, and Martin and his wife Amy are going to be in town as well. Yay! :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home