<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6500342\x26blogName\x3dRandom+thoughts\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1626146242142620050', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random thoughts

Monday, October 10, 2005

Back from the Bed

So much has happened the past few days that I've only had time to write about these events now. First of all, my dad and grandmother have gone home. It was crazy busy the last few days they were here; I had to run most of the last-minute errands and get last-minute presents for them to take home. It was a challenge coming up with ideas of what to give people when there's only so much weight they could accommodate. My grandmother had gone crazy at Costco, consequently filling up four pieces of luggage with what she bought. They even had to leave some items behind. Geez! This happens every year, and it's as if she totally forgets what has happened in the past.

So it's nice and quiet once more here at home, and my uncle has his bed back (he was sleeping on the couch for a good two months). The bad news? The morning after, I came down with a really bad case of food poisoning. Not fun. I didn't stop regurgitating the food I tried to eat until the next morning, and the room would not stop spinning. This is actually my first day of normal health; I still feel a little weak, but nevertheless getting stronger.

Marc was sweet enough to come visit me and take care of me while I was at my worst. I felt so bad keeping him indoors for long periods of time because I know he gets cabin fever, and always needs to be outside for awhile. I know, because I'm the same way. So on Sunday morning, when I felt that I could walk more than a couple hundred yards without having to hang on to anything, I was out the door with him, walking on the beach and at the Promenade.

And then we come to today. Voila! I've started the new job. My back is aching, my eyes are tired from staring at the computer screen, but I know my mind is welcoming the challenge. I thoroughly enjoyed today, trying to solve Oracle problems (geeky, right? haha) and cursing silently at the errors that came up. If only I could really get back into the Oracle world....oh well.

So I have about three more weeks that I'm going to be working both at John's and in Pasadena, before I truly transition over into this new job. It's such a big difference because with John, it was so casual, and we were friends, and now I'm back in such a big corporation, with a totally different culture. This will take a lot of getting used to.

At least I get to shop for new suits, shoes and makeup, right? ;) Haha!

1 comment(s):

Good luck on your new job Cathy!!! :)

By Blogger gwenny14, at October 13, 2005 6:58 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home