<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6500342\x26blogName\x3dRandom+thoughts\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttps://cathycus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4195055694512554740', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random thoughts

Monday, November 07, 2005

Weekend Recap - Chilling Out and Working It

With Marc down with a bad cold and not feeling so great, we had to put off the Echo Cliffs trip to Sunday. So on Saturday, we decided to have a day of relaxation. We grabbed lunch from our favorite fast food chain, Popeye's, and then laid out under the sun at the park right by St. Monica's.

It wasn't long before a car pulled up with a familiar face at the wheel. I said, "I guess we're slacklining today!" It was Don, and his appearance at this particular park only meant that he was setting up a slackline.

After much pulling, we finally got the slackline tight enough so we could walk it. Rather, so Don could walk it, and I could attempt to at least stand up on it. Soon, Kelly was there, and then Charlie and Julie. It turned out to be a fun afternoon with friends.

Sunday: Cecile, Van, Marc and I met up early and drove out to Echo cliffs in Malibu. It was a good hike to the rock, and I was out of breath by the time we arrived. But it turned out to be more than worth it - the climbs were challenging, and the quality of the rock was great. I was able to lead a 5.10c without too much trouble, and I tried my luck on a 5.11a top-rope as well. Good fun!

On another note, I finally finished the scarf that I've been saying I simply needed to trim the ends of. It left much to be desired but I was pleasantly surprised when Marc got more than one compliment when he wore it, and I actually got a call from Julie, asking if we could sit down one night so I could teach her the stitch, and we could chat while knitting. I'm nowhere near as good as my friend Angela, but that's very encouraging, and now I'm starting to scrounge around for the time to sit down and start new projects.

Like Cecile said, I wish we had two weekends in a week. There's just so much out there that I'd like to do!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home