<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d6500342\x26blogName\x3dRandom+thoughts\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dSILVER\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://cathycus.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-1626146242142620050', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Random thoughts

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

First Day on the Job!

I started my new job today. John said to meet him at 8:15 am at Belwood Bakery Cafe, so I went to bed at 10:00 pm last night (and even made Marc sleep the same time I did so I won't feel like I'm missing out on anything), woke up at 5:45 (but got up at 6:00+), got dressed for my workout, and labored away at the elliptical machine. I didn't even make it to twenty minutes. Then I did the usual weights and standard ab exercises.

When I got back, I hurried into the shower, grabbed a quick breakfast, and as discussed, I called John to remind him that he and I were supposed to meet. Well, what do you know, he was already having breakfast - somewhere else. I waited till almost 9 before he called and said he was ready to meet me. So that was a bummer.

And now it's the end of the day, and I think I did a pretty good job. Might have forgotten a thing or two, but pretty good for a first day, I think. But I'm tired and seriously sleep-deprived, so I'm cranky and feeling very flippant. I really need the rest.

Tomorrow, I told John that I was going to be there at 8:30 am. That way, I don't have to wake up so damn early. It only takes a few minutes to get to his place anyway. Thank God for that. And tomorrow is Santa Monica steps day so my workout won't take that long.

Well, this is the end of my day. I'm eating a yogurt, washing up, reading a little bit and then going to bed. It will take awhile before I get used to not working from home, not being able to get up and pad over to the "office" in my pajamas. Oh well. It's all well worth it (or at least I hope it is).

Well, good night!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home